In the early 1820s Bampton and Dulverton were Penny Post Receiving Houses for Tiverton, Bampton being "No.1" and Dulverton "No.2", served by a Horse Post from Tiverton to Bampton and a Foot Messenger from Bampton to Dulverton.
With the establishment of a Mail Coach between Taunton and Barnstaple in 1827 the Horse Post between Tiverton and Bampton was abolished and the letters were taken to Taunton instead. From 1827 until February 1829 Bampton and Dulverton appear in the Taunton Penny Post using boxed "No.1" and "No.2" handstamps respectively.
Firstly here are some examples of the Bampton "No.1" handstamp used in the Taunton Penny Post, one from 1827 and two from 1828. All the examples are written in Morebath, two miles north of Bampton.
Next, here is an entire from Dulverton used in the Tiverton Penny Post in 1826, with the boxed "No.2" handstamp.
And finally here are some entires from Dulverton in the Taunton Penny Post, with the same boxed "No.2" handstamp, one from 1827 and two from 1828.
In February 1829 Bampton was made a bye-letter office while Dulverton became a sub-office so that they were no longer in the Taunton Penny Post.