Between 1822 and 1833 four different circular handstamps with a diameter of 25mm were in use at Taunton. To start with, from 1822 and 1824, there were two different "TAUNTON / 161" mileage marks with different spacing of both "TAUNTON" and "161". From 1828 these were replaced with two different circular marks without mileage, one with dotted arcs below and one with nothing below.
Unlike in some offices, these two marks were not amended versions of the previous two handstamps that had mileage but were new, with different spacings of "TAUNTON".
The sheet below shows examples of the four handstamps.