Wednesday 29 March 2023

Some more Parcel Post Labels - Taunton, and Ilminster area

Following on from my previous post, I've been working through my rather battered copy of The Parcel Post of the British Isles by James Mackay to work out what the different types of Parcel Post Label (PPL) are.  The sheet below is my shorthand summary from the book (without clear punctuation).

Here is a sheet of PPLs for Taunton from 1896 to 1904.  I have one slight problem; the top right PPL dated 12th December 1900 appears to me to be a Type R (dot after LIST, no dot after Number, dot after Postge), but Mackay says that was issued in 1901.  It could be Type N (I can't see the difference between Type N and Type R) but Mackay says Type N is 'mainly London'.  Is there another reference I could consult ?

Here's another sheet, this time of Ilminster and Offices under Ilminster.






No comments:

Post a Comment