Monday 8 August 2011

Bath first slice done

I've now managed to write-up most of the Bath material I've got (about 80 sheets worth), excluding the later Slogan cancels which are waiting on time to digest the catalogues by Parsons, Peachey and Pearson (I bought them from the British Postmark Society stand at Midpex, they have just arrived in the post). 

It doesn't take too long when one has a standard approach - but that's probably because I'm missing things.  At least I've now got a reasonable skeleton of a collection to improve.  My next target is to get a basic write-up of the rest of Somerset completed, hopefully before the next season of local society meetings start (see Leamington & Warwick Philatelic Society website, and the links for the other Warwickshire societies).  I have an evening to display at Leamington on 8th February 2012 so I'm thinking that half of the evening will be some aspects of Somerset Postal History.

Another event that I'm looking forward to is the meeting of the Somerset & Dorset Postal History Group at Hornsbury Mill, Chard on Sunday 23rd October.  Besides a day listening & seeing what I should be doing, I will be picking up a set of the back numbers of their Journal which will help expand my knowledge ... and probably mean I have to rewrite a lot of my material.

Here's another Bath entire, one that looks to me to be fairly straightforward.  The only thing that's questionable is the probable route that the mail would have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment